Creating the Flight Plan in DroneDeploy
Once you have installed the “KML and SHP Import” you are ready to upload the KML file to DroneDeploy.
- Sign in to your DroneDeploy Account
- Select the Blue Add button at the bottom left hand corner of the webpage
- Select “Plan a map flight”
- DroneDeploy will request an address, select the ”Planning” button (top left corner) to go back a step, as you will be uploading a KML rather than inputting an address
- Select “Import KML or SHP” at the bottom of the list on the left hand side of the webpage
- Upload the KML
Adjust the altitude in the flight plan to 350’ and change the Front/Side Overlap to 80%/80%. To adjust the overlap settings you will need to select “Advanced” on the left hand side of the webpage.